windows 10 update changes all settings

so does that make it ok then?
like what choice do i have?

they push that crap because people dont push back. when people push back things change...
Disable updates, don't ever worry about it again. It's really that simple. You got updated to the fall creators update which is why your stuff got reset, which is what people said happened earlier in the thread.

yea thanks. like alot of companies support linux.

maybe i should try msdos too while im at it
You technically are.

this is getting retarded.
3rd time windows 10 update is resetting everything to default settings

all my program associations are back to default all my network settings are back to default. everything is hijacked by this stupid update that took me months to adjust

is there a program that will lock all my settings so the update cant change it
This happened with me many times and I lost many bookmarks and other important stuff (may be i am not able to find it as i am not geek)
But you can turn your update off through pc settings.

so is everyone ok with Microsoft just changing all your settings every time they update?

how the f do I disable the update permanently?
and Cortana also. I hate that stupid app

all my file associations were changed and bunch of other settings again that I had to go through and change.

Wouldn't be surprised if file associations changed, seeing as it's essentially a major update, however, care to elaborate on these "bunch of other settings"?

About all that changed for me was my wall papers, they reverted back to the default first monitor one instead of having unique ones on each one.

No a single thing changes for me in the event of a major revision update. File associations or anything. Performance and other stupid bugs, that's a different matter altogether.

so is everyone ok with Microsoft just changing all your settings every time they update?

how the f do I disable the update permanently?
and Cortana also. I hate that stupid app
Updates currently can't be disabled permanently. They started to change to an aggressive stance on it by reenabling the service and even go as far as set scheduled tasks that can't be edited to reenable the service and scan for GPO/registry entries that hamper the update process.

Disabling updates has always been my thing since XP and now this is getting a bit ridiculous. If somebody doesn't find a permanent fix for this anytime soon I'm destined to go back to Windows 7.

There was a guy claiming that changing the user on the service to ./Guest would make it not enable due to insufficient permissions but Windows changes this back by itself too.

Just got the April 2018 update. Nothing changed other than that windows decided that I really need a MS Edge shortcut on my desktop.

Back
Top Bottom