windows 10 update changes all settings

another update just totally ****ed everything up again...
Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

Cortana is back that has been eradicated 3 times already after every stupid update...
one drive is back.
everything is reset back without my permission.
I even disabled updates I don't know why they keep updating **** when I didn't even enable automatic download.

I don't understand did they just say screw privacy in windows 10 and just push everything they feels like on users now without even asking?

You've never been able to opt-out of critical/important updates on Win10. The "Defer upgrades" is just for major revisions, like Anniversary Update.

At least you don't have 1607 deployed in an environment that uses WSUS, and have tried everything M$ has published to get WSUS to work with 1607 only to end at a roadblock?

I will agree, this whole, "..as a service" is rather retarded... "Oh, hey, a feature update, lets go ahead and reset almost everything as if it's a whole new OS!"

seems like I'm not the only one pissed off lol
I just googled again. and theres plenty of people having same responce

seriously this is bull****.
it did it again. all my file associations are messed up and all settings keep restoring to default. all the garbage i deleted and disabled is back up and running.

i feel like microsoft is just taking advantage of its position now . forcing these dumb things on people because they know nobody is gonna do anything about it.

what can we do to stop this crap?
i sure as hell cant do anything myself... maybe as a group people could keep them accountable but everyone is too busy waiting for next episode of flash

You've gotta be doing something differently. I don't have one bit of an issue with settings changing after updates, on my personal computer nor on the 300+ workstations running windows 10.

Back
Top Bottom