Windows 10 update broke USB connections. No mouse or keyboard

Lirius

Beta member
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted up yet, I've found it a lot elsewhere, but to no help.

A Feb. 14 Windows update has been breaking a lot of USB connections of mouses and keyboards. I currently cannot log onto or access my desktop at all, because I can't even type in my password or click anything. My devices only work in command prompt safe mode; but most of the "Fixes" I have found/read up on are not working either (check this thread, and this statement from MS). These are all "solutions" to uninstalling this KB:4074588 update, but when I try I either get some sort of error code. that the DISM log file isn't found, or that the specified package is not a valid windows package (error 0x800f0805). Some of the code lines differentiate between 34bit and 64bit computers, and so I am using variations of the 34bit one.

DISM.exe /image:C:\ /remove-package /packagename:package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~x36~~16299.248.1.17

I have tried variations with Package_for_KB:4074588, ~~10.0.12699.15, etc, depending on some information I am finding on my computer and the like, but nothing works.

I also get something saying the scratch directory size might be insufficient. At this point I can't use my desktop, and MIcrosoft only offers this command solution, no update to actual fix the issue.

Please help.

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2
after last update ( yesterday my webcam is not detected again)
are these people retarded? why cant they get the damn updates right after more than 20 years of making windows OS.. i dont understand this

after last update ( yesterday my webcam is not detected again)
are these people retarded? why cant they get the damn updates right after more than 20 years of making windows OS.. i dont understand this

Makes me happy that I'm still using Windows 7... I can avoid the forced update crap
(at least for another 1.5 yrs)

Back
Top Bottom