Windows 10 shutting down, asking for bootable disc

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Our security computer worked perfect for months...then, Norton expired and I made the mistake of letting Norton techie take control of my computer and reinstall and new version of Norton.

Ever since, often on a daily basis, come home, and computer shut down, then asks for a bootable disc or something of that nature.

There is no restore point that I could find on my computer.

Dang, what can I do?

Please help me if you can.

Thanks,

Soar

Sure would be nice to get some help here! I have Windows 10 installed...keeps shutting down. Will not install updates...fearing I may have a virus.

After the rig shuts down, I get this message: Reboot and select proper boot device. Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

Please help me.

Thank you

There can only be one recommendation - fix Windows, if not possible do a new clean Windows installation and never do not install any kind of malware there, that is not necessary on your computer. You do not need any Norton, Kaspersky, etc. You do not need to install such a junk that you never need, only they need Your money, Your personal data etc.

Sure would be nice to get some help here! I have Windows 10 installed...keeps shutting down. Will not install updates...fearing I may have a virus.

After the rig shuts down, I get this message: Reboot and select proper boot device. Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

Please help me.

Thank you

Go into BIOS and make sure that the HDD is selected first in the boot order.

Can anyone here help me?

I have noticed that after the computer inadvertently shuts down, it gives that boot message and will not boot unless I leave the computer off for a few hours. Then it will boot right back up. I am wondering if the computer needs a capacitor somewhere to drain out before it will boot.

Finally, I also noticed this computer is drawing 120 watts but before, for an entire year, it was drawing only 60-70 watts. I have not changed any programs at all except Norton.

What can it be?

Back
Top Bottom