Windows 10 RAm leak etc.

hollowaizen

Beta member
Over the coarse of the last few days I've been noticing some odd occurrences with my rig. Ram usage seems to top out around 91% while CPU usage teeters between 70-97%.

There is no heavy load at the moment, this is when currently Idle.
Basic Specs:
AMD 6 core 3.2Ghz
12GB Gskill RipJaws RAM
4GB dedicated ATI R9 270x
Windows 10 Pro

I'm trying to figure out what could be causing this issue, I've already run multiple virus and malware scans and have come up with nothing. The only things I've noticed are svchost.exe and it's other forms are the High CPU usage reasons. Though the RAM issue is extremely persistent and continues to be a bother between boot cycles.

Can somebody help me remedy this??

Remember, with Windows (since Vista), SuperFetch exists, which pre-loads programs into memory that it thinks that you use often.

Has it started after you installed something recently? When did you install Win10?

I installed Windows 10 about a month after the Free upgrades started to roll out.

And to the other Post, there is nothing actually stating which process or program is using all the ram. Adding up what my system and myself are using, come out to less than 2Gb of RAM space, where the task manager says I'm currently using or occupying 10Gb out of a total 12Gb

Open up Task manager -> Resource Monitor -> Memory tab -> look at the graph at the bottom in the "Physical Memory" section and see what amounts are in each category.

For example, I have 16GB total RAM.
4.4GB in use, 6.2GB standby (cached), and 5.2 free

Going off of that, get Process Monitor / Process Explorer from here:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb795533.aspx

as well as RAMMap from here:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb795535

Those can help you track down what's using up your memory, if it is indeed not standby / cached RAM.

What I said still holds truth. I've caught a virus on my gfs laptop because of the 8.1/10 task manager, it tells you how much anything is being used by a total percentage, and you can easily scroll down to see what's causing usage. Don't really need much else.

What I said still holds truth. I've caught a virus on my gfs laptop because of the 8.1/10 task manager, it tells you how much anything is being used by a total percentage, and you can easily scroll down to see what's causing usage. Don't really need much else.

That's why I suggested Resource Monitor under Task Manager first. Can break things down further from there by individual DLL's and such using ProcMon/ProcExp from there. But yeah like you said, TM/RM will tell you what you need to know 90% of the time; I really do hate going back to Win7 and earlier task manager.

Back
Top Bottom