windows 10 IE acting up and ebay crashing every time

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
how many of you have ebay crashing before it even loads on windows 10
ebay obviously blames internet explorer and playing stupid...no surprise there

so on the latest crash the ebay page kept crashing over and over
then IE froze for about 30 seconds and I closed everything
opened IE again and it wont load my homepage or let me acess search field or IE settings was greyed out
I restarted the computer and it wouldn't load windows first time
restarted again and it loaded normal
but IE was still blank for about a minute then it suddenly loaded homepage but all the pages were loading really slow (56k slow)
I switched the wifi card to 5g wifi option and it works again.

what you think happened there anyone can take an educated guess?
never happened before

geeez here we go again read my sig.

everything is up to date. ebay is the only webpage that crashes instantly

is there a way to see whats causing it with developer tools in IE?

geeez here we go again read my sig.

everything is up to date. ebay is the only webpage that crashes instantly

is there a way to see whats causing it with developer tools in IE?

Install chrome and let me know if it works fine on there. What IE version is it?

Install chrome and let me know if it works fine on there. What IE version is it?
God forbid you suggest him to use another browser - we've tried before and he won't listen.

how many of you have ebay crashing before it even loads on windows 10
ebay obviously blames internet explorer and playing stupid...no surprise there

so on the latest crash the ebay page kept crashing over and over
then IE froze for about 30 seconds and I closed everything
opened IE again and it wont load my homepage or let me acess search field or IE settings was greyed out
I restarted the computer and it wouldn't load windows first time
restarted again and it loaded normal
but IE was still blank for about a minute then it suddenly loaded homepage but all the pages were loading really slow (56k slow)
I switched the wifi card to 5g wifi option and it works again.

what you think happened there anyone can take an educated guess?
never happened before
Just tried eBay in Chrome, IE11, and Edge on Win10 - all loaded fine.

If you were having issues with things loading and then when you switched to a different wifi network...then its either the connection or your wifi drivers IMO.

Do you have the latest drivers for your wireless card, directly from the manufacturer?

Try resetting ie to default settings. And if that doesn't work then my only other educated guess is that ie is just rubbish :p. Its basically obsolete anyway, u probably will hear hardly any of it in 5 years time

Last edited:
Its all fresh I just updated to windows 10 about a month ago.
and why suggest something over and over when I'm not asking what browser is better than IE. I don't care if there are your favorite browsers other than IE. I don't go around pushing my favorite browser on everyone I meet. its their choice. I use IE and continue to use it because I like it better than others... I have all of them installed and yes ebay works in firefox.
but ebay is the only webpage that crashes IE completely. and it somehow affects my wifi. where it stops working every time ebay crashes. maybe its ebay maybe its some ads on ebaypage that crash it I donno. that's why I was asking if its possible to use developer tools to see whats going on.

Back
Top Bottom