windows 10 drivers

Ok, so it IS showing your HDD then. Was it always doing this or did it just start showing the HDD's partitions?

Please post either a screenshot or type out the contents of your disk selection screen please, so that we know what we're working with.

The reason you can't install to it, is because you're not using UEFI mode in BIOS.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...disk-the/8fa72a3e-10c5-47da-a040-1e0db62af309

You'll need to reformat the drive to install Win7, as NTFS.

If you haven't backed up your data on the HDD...you'll want to do that before you format. You can do that by using a Linux LiveCD such as Ubuntu and exploring the drive through the file explorer, and backing up onto another HDD (external), or a flash drive.

Again, you might as well just go out and buy a larger flash drive or some blank DVD's and make a Win8 installer, then you can install over the top of the previous Windows install without formatting, and everything will be moved to C:\Windows.old

Last edited:
It always showed the HDD's partitions.
Ahmm the other day i did something i should not have done; each disk, i clicked in "Format" (minus Disk 0 Partition 1 and Disk 0 Partition 3 which are Reserved so i could not format them) so yeah, goodbye to Win8 =s
I can't take a screenshot because i don't have a high quality camera phone but i will type out the contents:

Name.................. | Total Size | Free Space | Type
Disk 0 Partition 1 | 400.0 MB | 384.0 MB | OEM (Reserved)
Disk 0 Partition 2 | 300.0 MB | 285.0 MB | System
Disk 0 Partition 3 | 128.0 MB | 128.0 MB | MSR (Reserved)
Disk 0 Partition 4 | 448.8 GB | 448.7 GB | Primary
Disk 0 Partition 5 | 350.0 MB | 334.0 MB | OEM (reserved)
Disk 0 Partition 6 | 15.8 GB | 15.7 GB | OEM (Reserved)

That's it.
If i use UEFI mode in BIOS, my computer won't boot with the bootable USB. It only worked with Legacy mode =r
Reformat the drive? How?
And... no need to backup my data because it's all gone =T

Last edited:
Yes, you should be able to format the partition as NTFS using GParted just fine.

according to your partition list, though, you do have a recovery partition you could try using first...not sure if it needs the recovery discs to initiate the partition. Do you have a message on startup about entering Recovery or anything like that?

Otherwise, you could use GParted to delete all partitions, create a new partition that takes up the whole disk (or create multiple partitions), and then format it to NTFS, and install WIndows.

Wait, nevermind, i fixed it, i installed Win7! I googled in hoping to find a solution and i did. During the installation of windows, i pressed SHIFT-F10 to bring up the console, then typed "diskpart", then "list disk", then "select disk 0", then "clean", then "exit" and "exit" again; then i restarted windows installation and it only appeared 1 disk with 465 GB, i clicked it, clicked "next" and BAM! I did it ;-; But thanks anyways for your help, next time i have a problem, i know who to find =)

Back
Top Bottom