Not open for further replies.

Adnam

Beta member
Help.

Windows is having major problems.

No services start.
Can change any users rights
System does not let me do much such as copy and paste files
I tried to restall XP but NTLDR is missing.

HELP!!!!!!

have you tried a different Disc, see if you can't borrow one, just to see if it will work.

Did you reformat before trying to reinstall?

why don't you just try a repair?

Would this be a multi-boot system? also trying using the ERD and repairing it

Issue:

NTLDR is Missing.

Related errors:

Below are the full error messages that may be seen when the computer is booting.

NTLDR is Missing
Press any key to restart

Boot: Couldn't find NTLDR
Please insert another disk

Additional Information:

Cause:

Computer is booting from a non-bootable source.
Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS.
Corrupt NTLDR and/or NTDETECT.COM file.
Misconfiguration with the boot.ini file.
Attempting to upgrade from a Windows 95, 98, or ME computer that is using FAT32.
New hard disk drive being added.
Corrupt boot sector / master boot record.
Seriously corrupted version of Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
Loose or Faulty IDE/EIDE hard disk drive cable.
Solutions:

Computer is booting from a non-bootable source

Many times this error is caused when the computer is attempting to boot from a non-bootable floppy disk or CD-ROM. First verify that no floppy diskette is in the computer, unless you are attempting to boot from a diskette.

If you are attempting to boot from a floppy diskette and are receiving this error message it is likely that the diskette does not have all the necessary files and/or is corrupt.

If you are attempting to install Windows XP or Windows 2000 and are receiving this error message as the computer is booting verify that your computer BIOS has the proper boot settings. For example, if you are attempting to run the install from the CD-ROM make sure the CD-ROM is the first boot device, and not the hard disk drive. Second, when the computer is booting you should receive the below prompt.

Press any key to boot from the CD

When you see this message press any key such as the Enter key immediately, otherwise it will try booting from the hard drive and likely get the NTLDR error again.

Note: If you are not receiving the above message and your BIOS boot options are set properly it's also possible that your CD-ROM drive may not be booting from the CD-ROM properly. Verify the jumpers are set properly on the CD-ROM drive.

Sounds like your windows xp cd is somehow corrupted??? Is it heavily scratched? Next point would be that the reinstall caused a profound OS corruption. Try the step above related to reinstalling windows from CD boot. You can attempt a windows repair but youmay be out of luck if the os is heavily corrupted. You may need to do a fresh install.

Futher detail

When I boot with the XP disk, it comes up with an option to either start windows or start windows setup.

When I start windows, it will start and i can get into my doggy XP.

When I start the Set Up, that is when the NTLDR error is occuring, thus preventing me from running a repair?

Thanks for your help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom