Window XP Boot Menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4h10

Beta member
I restarted my computer with the XP CD so I could delete my current partition and start a new one ( basically reformatting). When I sat there at the loading BIOS etc. the Windows XP boot menu, where you install a new windows partition and you have to hit ENTER to startup, wouldn't open. How can I get around this so I can reinstall my windows? Any suggestion on how to get that menu to pop up?

Possible Factors: My DVD drive fryed so I used my old 2002 PC's DVD drive. -If that really makes a difference.

Go into your BIOS and make sure the boot order is set to CD/DVD as first priority. Then when you load it up, make sure you hit "any key" when prompted on the screen, otherwise the XP CD won't load and it will jump to the next available boot option.

Go into your BIOS and make sure the boot order is set to CD/DVD as first priority. Then when you load it up, make sure you hit "any key" when prompted on the screen, otherwise the XP CD won't load and it will jump to the next available boot option.
What he said, but why can't you just reformat manually (from C drive), reboot it, and reinstall XP again?

What he said, but why can't you just reformat manually (from C drive), reboot it, and reinstall XP again?
Because if you read the original post he states that h e deleted his paartitions. Which means no more Windows. Not to mention you can not format the drive that is in use. If he is in Windows on his C:\ drive he can not format that drive from within Windows. Windows can not format itself off the PC while in use.:rolleyes:

I thinking that he mean he has 2 choices. if that's the case go to start run type msconfig, hit check all boot paths then remove the extra one

Even if he already deleted all partitions, he can still boot up off the xp cd, where he can then assign new partitions and/or delete any other remaining partitions. This should not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom