window registry prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
I never got how to edit registery in windows. I am a bit familiar with the stuff like services. Sometimes even in forums and microsoft site itself give me the registery value but never actually know how and where to put the values.

So far i just know there r 6 type of reg group. Can anyone tell me in plain english how do we edit pls? or if there are such simple tricks.

thanks

Go to Start --> Run and type "regedit" without the quotes. Find the entry you want to edit and double click.

This didn't help. I needed to know how to input the value, I know regedit and regedt32 exist in the world

To create a new value, locate the key you want the value to go in and right click, go to new and select the type of value you want.

Also, if you see the string you are looking for but no value.. you have to manually add the value plus the value's statement to get any functionality out of it.

Hi rajunpl nice to meet you!
Usually when I got some registry strings to update I rename that file to *.reg and double click it. Windows than read all vlaues and update registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom