window problem in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Hey, I am having a problem viewing any folder or browser in xp.
A few days ago I got rid of vista once again due to lack of problems trying to get a useless tv tuner card to work.

Whenever I view any folder or IE7 in full view it will overlap the taskbar, also I don't have the taskbar auto hiding so I don't why I can't see my taskbar and any folder in full view.
Here is a screen to show you what I mean...

So auto hide isnt on and you cant see it when screens are maximized. Interesting i know many that want this feature.

Does hitting F11 help? Or does that take it to full screen with removing the menu bars?

Make sure you have 'keep task bar on top of other windows' in the options when you right click the bar.

doesn't look like an F11 screen but can't hurt to try, more than likely a un-hide\on-top taskbar issue.

Make sure you have 'keep task bar on top of other windows' in the options when you right click the bar.

Thanks gordy mak, and the rest of you all.
I finally figured out what went wrong, I had to right click the taskbar and click tile windows vertically and then I had to resizse the browser windows a little bit.
Also mak, if this information I provided is usefull please reply back and let me know something and I'll try to provide more information if I can.

I'm going to bed in about 20 minutes as soon as I can get windvr to work with my old tv tuner card again. I barely have time to watch tv or do anything really I work a 12 hour shifts with my new job from 8:00am until 7:30pm.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

So you didnt use the Maximize button to max out the browser you manually made it the size of your screen?

If so if you would hit the middle button of the 3 choices you will see that it will auto maximize for you and still show the taskbar.

Thanks for the information. Most people atuo max their windows so that is why the taskbar is never hidden.

Oh I used the maximize button before I screwed the windows settings if you look at the screen shot again you can see it's in full view and no way for me to access the taskbar except for pressing the windows button on my keyboard.

Interesting. Did you have the option off for showing the Taskbar on top of other Windows?

No I didn't and the problem still persists...
I'm going to sleep now but on the way to work I'll check here again via through my verizon razr to see what you say.
I won't be able to reply until 7:00pm or 8:00pm when I get home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom