Window Longhom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got any special for Window Longhom?when it is available?

well i dont understand the beggingin of this post, but i will try to explain what 'Longhron' is for you.

Longhorn is Microsofts new generation OS that will come fter XP. it is only the name on it now and is subject to change. You can see screenshots of it and read reviews from the beta jsut by doing a simple google search. But as far as i know it is pushed back to 2005 release date now. it was supposed to be out in 2004.

So i guess you will have to wait my friend, or try to download a working version of the beta off of some download site/program. But i will wrn you that as far as i know all the builds are merely for display purposes to show what it WILL be able to do, and you will not be able to use some of the newer menus and stuff in it.

But i read up on it a while ago, and it is interesting to see what they are changenig.

Ches
:D Have a great day

i have a copy of it
i instalel it on a 1300 mghz duron

and man.. it was slow as hell
looks the same as winxp but they add another bar which takes up more screen space!

Might be that the base requirement for this OS is somethign like 3.0+ ghz CPU
2.5 gb Ram
256mb 3d vcard
400 GB free HD space

Sounds like what Microsoft would do...

May they Burn in hell for it too!

wah...
the requirement quite high.....
but i know the interface very nice......

Dude you have it....lol :) How is it running for ya???

If anyone has a copy of a current build of Longhorn.....in my opinion, you should get rid of it or you should encase it in glass cause It's going to be structured totally different when it actually comes out.

Longhorn developers created a proprietary file system called NetFS....getting rid of the NTFS and moving one step further.
Basically, the main reason why Longhorn was pushed from 2004 to a late 2005/early 2006 release was due to this file system. The original logical and physical structure for NetFS was recently trashed! They are starting this process all over. The current builds that you see people sharing are useless....
The 64-bit version of XP should be out early next year though....

-Michael

Sys said:
wah...
the requirement quite high.....
but i know the interface very nice......

lol. of course the interface will be nice, ms could give a f**k less about security as long as the os looks pretty. :)

mikesgroovin said:
Dude you have it....lol :) How is it running for ya???

If anyone has a copy of a current build of Longhorn.....in my opinion, you should get rid of it or you should encase it in glass cause It's going to be structured totally different when it actually comes out.

Longhorn developers created a proprietary file system called NetFS....getting rid of the NTFS and moving one step further.
Basically, the main reason why Longhorn was pushed from 2004 to a late 2005/early 2006 release was due to this file system. The original logical and physical structure for NetFS was recently trashed! They are starting this process all over. The current builds that you see people sharing are useless....
The 64-bit version of XP should be out early next year though....

-Michael

i have it yea, but i just installed to see how it is..
all they did was add a couple crappy things, change how the
"my computer" explorer looks, so when u click on watever folder/ircon it shows like a bigger image of it in a box, but its like so ugly cuz u can see all the pixel, and aswell when new devices pop up, u dont get the little note box, u get a box that pops up on the desktop

anyways same crap, sux so far if u ask me, oh yea for some reason u can have a slideshow on the new bar they added which is gay, looks ugly, i swear

they should of named it code longsuck

Yea, I was really excited about the whole "XML Desktop" idea so I started to download a build (latest I could find). But when I read what I posted earlier....I didn't even get 15% of the build before I removed it.

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom