windos xp installation disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyBusiness

Baseband Member
Hi. So one of my older p4 socket 478 computer hdd has crashed and a new hdd was changed. Meaning all preinstalled OS and drivers files are have to install again. But the hp does not provide any windows xp installtion disk and I have the product key sticker on the chassis itself. There are no recovery disk too. What should I do? Not logical to buy a new OEM disk as I have the product key right?

You can always download an OEM disc matching your version (i.e. Home, Pro, etc), and burn it to a disc. Just search the torrents, and you should find one. As long as you use YOUR serial, it's not a problem and is perfectly legal.

You can always download an OEM disc matching your version (i.e. Home, Pro, etc), and burn it to a disc. Just search the torrents, and you should find one. As long as you use YOUR serial, it's not a problem and is perfectly legal.

Ty. Any direct download link that you can provide?

Well you could always call M$ and get a disc from them; some people have said they'll send one to you for free, others have said that it costs around $20; it just depends on the person you talk to I believe. You just have to have a valid serial, so you may be able to try that I suppose if you didn't want to go through downloading one.

Torrents are very safe; read the comments that people leave on themto see how good/bad they are.

For a program I use BitComet, but others like uTorrent (personal preference mostly). I use Torrentz as a search for one, though.

As for searching/downloading it... You may have to use Google for that (not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it here).

Is the hdd totally dead? I know you said it crashed, but can you hook it up to another pc as a slave drive and pull files off it. There is a nice tutorial in the stickies thread named " how to install XP without the disc". This maybe the answer if you can pull files off the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom