WinDgb symbols issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
It cant be that. My 8600GT runs jsut fine with XP and the video drivers they put out. I still think it is a driver issue. Did you try using Driver Cleaner Pro?

I mean i am using the sam set of drivers since the drivers are for the 8 Series card which i have also. So i dont see why it would work for me and not for you.

Yeah, sorry...not too clear of a post, I agree, driver issue.

No haven't done the cleaner pro yet....just swapped in the 7300gt for now. I don't know if driver cleaner pro will help, I had the problem with both the 9800gt and the 9800gtx before and after the fresh reformat. Once I get my folding rig up and running (just installing programs now) I switch over to it and then run driver cleaner pro. If that doesn't work I'm going with a new reformat with a bare rig and see if it works with just the HDD, GPU, RAM, cpu and mobo. Then start adding the peripherals one at a time and see if it's one of them that is messing up the drivers compatibility.

Sound like a plan?

That sounds like a plan mate. I think DCP will do the trick though. I have run it even with the drivers active and restarted to a 600x480 screen with 16 colours. So DCP is very good at what it does. ;)

Cool, will get back to you with how it goes...will probably not be until tomorrow at the earliest. Oh, and an 8600 isn't THAT bad...i thought you said 6800 the first time around.

I upgraded just over a year ago to the 8800gts 320mb...before that i was using a 9800pro. I've just gone a little crazy since last summer, its this forum I think, has given me the itch. My wife isn't too happy about it :p. Before we had one comp in the house, my old university AMD Athlon 2800+. Now we have my primary gaming rig, folding rig, HTPC, her comp (old AMD athlon 3000+) and a laptop. I even got my old rig running again in the garage for basic internet and cable tv through an old ATI AIW card.

Oh i have a 6800 as well. Went from that to a 8600GT. It is the PALiT one with 1GB GDDR2 RAM. So it really wasnt that much of a upgrade over my 6800. ;)

Yeah just respond back when you go thru it. Let me know. Will see if i can help you get it fixed.

Well...driver cleaner didn't work so I did the reformat and slowly added one component at a time. I'd re-boot a couple of times and let it sit for a couple of hours between components to ensure it would work fine and now its all installed and haven't had a single problem in 3 days....go figure, still have no idea what went wrong. Must have been a driver problem somewhere. freak'n computers!

Sorry to hear that things didnt go to well. But on the bright side glad to hear it is working nicely now.

Sorry to hear that things didnt go to well. But on the bright side glad to hear it is working nicely now.

That's right....can only complain so much when the end result is a working system. It's been folding 24h straight now no issues....the only think I haven't done which I just realized is dump the second stick of RAM back into it. Next time I open the puppy up it'll go back in. fingers crossed that it will go slowly.

I almost ended up with my first permanent ATI card in a long time, bah, i was going to try and sell you the 9800gt for cheap! ah well....if it kicks out on me again in a week I'll keep you in mind :p

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go de-lice my in-laws comp, every month they jamb it up with viruses, trojans and what not. I clean it up, give it back and they think i'm a miracle worker :p

Thanks for all the help.

Oh i know that feeling as well. I have my sister's, grandparents and the in-laws PC that i have to get to this week as well.

Depends on how cheap. ;) Being a stay at home father doesnt provide me much expendable income. Ya know. :p

Oh i know that feeling as well. I have my sister's, grandparents and the in-laws PC that i have to get to this week as well.

Depends on how cheap. ;) Being a stay at home father doesnt provide me much expendable income. Ya know. :p

Yeah, I can sympathize with that, we both work because we can't make ends meet otherwise, freak'n home costs are just killer. Can't live in this area (Toronto) on one salary anymore unless you live in a hole, and can't raise kids in a place like that.

I had to strike a deal with my wife that I'd only spend $$$ on comps that I made off selling comps...so no profit = no more buying :p lol, she was tired of me modding friends and family comps out of my own pocket just because it was fun :p

I understand that aspect. Been there myself. We are fortunate to be able to allow me to stay home. But at the same time we dont have much extra cash around. Not that being in the Buffalo area is any better than Toronto. It is just that she has a good enough job to cover our costs.

I get to go to the grandparents tonight and figure out why their PC wont fire up. Fun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom