WinDgb symbols issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in desperation I swapped out my 9800gtx+ for a 9800gt I had in another system...and now I get this BSOD:stuck in a loop - nv4_disp.dll

From the threads I just read on this it doesn't sound good.

I'm updating my BIOS and ensuring I've tried the latest drivers instead of the Folding ones....at this point my hopes are pretty low, i want to throw this thing through the window.

Any recommendations?

Oi. Dont brag about being able to switch between to 9800's when you are talking to someone with a lowly 8600. :p

But my first guess is that Windows threw a fit cause of the hardware change and didnt install the drivers right.

lol :p I wont mention the sli 8800gt folding rig that's been in pieces for a month now. I'm putting that guy together tomorrow to take over for this rig until this gets figured out.

Anyways, problem is getting worse...only boots up now 1 out of 4 tries, either it freezes and re-boots or gets to login screen and the mouse cursor isn't shown. It still registers the mouse, as i move it around i can see the buttons change with the roll over but just no little cursor.

So have done 3 re-installs now of the Nvidia drivers and still the above problems, haven't gotten to another BSOD yet but i'm guessing its the same problem, and just a matter of time.

Also of note, there are pixels (a vertical pattern of dotted lines) over the Gigabyte boot up logo as well as the windows loading screen. But when it gets to the windows login screen it's all perfect again at 1080i. (assuming it booted all the way and the cursor is running).

Any more ideas? I'm starting to lean towards reformat #3 don't know what else to do...these cards work fine on my AMD system but this is my only intel rig and its killing me. But this is significantly worse with the 9800gt than the 9800gtx.

well, I have to hit the books for now, have an exam tomorrow and i've spent the entire day trying to sort this out. I'll give cleaner a try tomorrow and maybe a reformat if that doesn't work.

I'll post back here with how it goes.

As for the 6800....maybe we'll have to see about remedying that after this is sorted out :p

I have joked with people in Vern's old Video card thread. I asked when my charity was gonna come into play. But i am alright with it. I dont expect charity. I know how hard people work to get this stuff. ;)

I would first try DCP. See if that helps out at all. If not then maybe a reformat. Also when you reformat do you do a full or quick format? A full is always better.

I always do a full reformat...never knew what or if there was a reason but IMHE quick usually means shoddy.

Anyways, dug out an old 7300gt I found in a box of spare parts, am going to try that one and see if it takes these drivers over the 9800 cards.

My goodness man!! A spare part box with a 7300GT? My hopes dashed. My dreams shattered...:p

So far it is sounding like a driver issue. But it could be deeper. Coudl be the slot itself.

Yeah, will just have to wait and see....24 hours now without even a hickup. I'll try a 6800gts next. Don't worry, this one isn't mine, will borrow my brothers card. :D

If this turns out to be an nvida/XP incompatibility I'm going to have to switch to ATI and will have a useless 8800gt lying around.

It cant be that. My 8600GT runs jsut fine with XP and the video drivers they put out. I still think it is a driver issue. Did you try using Driver Cleaner Pro?

I mean i am using the sam set of drivers since the drivers are for the 8 Series card which i have also. So i dont see why it would work for me and not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom