winamp can't work... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2004, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default winamp can't work...

hello, i gotta 2 quests here....

1) I had installed winamp3.0. b4, I got 2 user accounts. 1 is for me as admin and 2 is for guest acc. the prob is my winamp cant run in guest acc. instead it can be run in admin acc. only. why did this happen? help me....

2) when i 1stly installed winXP pro, without changing my acc. name (i just used "administrator" name), I saved some copies of MP3 songs in admin'd document. but when i changed "administrator" to my name, I cant recover my MP3 songs that i have saved in 'admin's document. it said ... <<access denied>>. How to recover my old files in admin;s acc.?? plzz help me.

Old 02-27-2004, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

1) that maybe due to security restrictions on the program itself. log back on with administrative rights and change the security on the exe file.

2) did you create a new user with administrative rights or changed the name of the administrator? you shouldn't have changed the name of the administrator login. try rechanging the name back to Administrator if that's what you did and create a new user for yourself(thru Administrator) and give him administrator rights.

by the way, i wanted to point out that nobody, unless they are masosadists, nobody should run WinAmp3 or WinAmp 5. WinAmp3 was just a bad idea. looked nice beng opaque and all the cool skins but lacked stability. WinAmp 5 could've been fine if they had stuck with the old WinAmp2 formula and didn't try to incorporate WinAmp3 features in it, making it yet another unstable release from Nullsoft. unfortunately there's not another audio player with a goood-looking interface like WinAmp but with functionality and stability like Foobar that i know of. that's alll.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

My best advice is just to get the new Winamp agent v5.02 it's nice and comes with cool skins!
Old 02-29-2004, 06:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

hello there...

I have tried to change the acc. name to its former, but I failed 2 do that... I dont know why. is there any other way to get back my old files?
Closed Thread