Win8... Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played with Win8 for a few hours now. My problem with it is simple, it's not simple. Every task is more complicated to perform. I really like my tablet but I would throw it away if it had this on it. But I do like the smaller footprint. I have Win8 x64 on a 1st gen 30GB Vertex and it's only using 9.6GB. If they want to make it smaller for phones and tablets they need to make it simple, simple is smaller.

And I hate the green start screen background, that I can't seem to change. And I don't like the lock screen background either, that I can't change. I tried to add some images to the Windows/Web folder to see if I couldn't change them and I can't save files to that location. And I've changed more permissions than the law allows.

While I realize this is a "preview" and it will change, my initial thought is "they were going to New York City but they got off the interstate in New Jersey by mistake." While they can still reach the city it won't be easy.

Hellow Folks..

Been looking around the Net and found theese Links about the Preview of Windows 8:

Microsoft's Windows 8 Makes Strong First Impression - ABC News

Will Windows 8 make security software obsolete?

Building "Windows 8" - Video #1 - YouTube

Their is alot of Handy Infomation here for People who arnt too Tech Savy..

In Reguards to the Malwere, their is definitely alot more Security in that seems to built in too Windows 8 and any up comeing Improvements with the Release of the likes of the Beta and Final Releases estimated in late 2012 from what av Read..

But just a Simple Question, am woundering what the Final Release in terms of the Spek of a Desktop or Laptop will have to be.. Will it be worth mabie byeing a New Touch Screen Monitor at this Point do you Gyes think, for the Final Release, or wait for Improved Hardwere to be Released mabie Tailored to the Win 8 OS.. Does anyone know how many Flavours their will be?

But just a Simple Question, am woundering what the Final Release in terms of the Spek of a Desktop or Laptop will have to be.. Will it be worth mabie byeing a New Touch Screen Monitor at this Point do you Gyes think, for the Final Release, or wait for Improved Hardwere to be Released mabie Tailored to the Win 8 OS.. Does anyone know how many Flavours their will be?
Please use a spell checker. I am finding it very, very, very hard to read your posts. As MoM said, there is no release date and since there is no release date given by Microsoft, there is no information given about what specifications will be needed to run it. This is a Developer Preview. It is the first step of a very long process. People need to stop jumping the gun and worrying about when it will be released and what they need to buy for it when it is over a year away from release at the minimum.

Haven't tested it out cos it wouldn't work in VBox for me, after reading the thread I see it's cos it's not meant to be virtualised. Might stick it on my laptop, chances are I'll be reinstalling W7 before uni begins.

Microsoft Talks about the new Start Menu

Looks like Microsoft is doing some of the things I mentioned previously.

Will there be a way to close Metro style apps without going to Task Manager? (Yes there will be, but we also want to talk about why you probably won't need to use it.) Are we going to do anything to make the mouse more efficient in scrolling through your programs in Start? (Yes, we'll improve that experience, and show you much more in the beta.) Some of you have talked about it feeling less efficient to cycle through your recent programs compared to using the taskbar (and we'll have more to say about that in future posts).

They also said this as well:

The Start menu is one of the most visible parts of Windows, and so we don't take any changes we make to it lightly. The environment around Windows has changed immensely since we first introduced the Start menu, and we want to make sure we're still delivering an experience that is both relevant and tuned to the dynamic computing world we live in today. The evolution of the Start menu is inextricably linked with the development of several other related, but disparate concepts, such as application launching, application switching, system notifications, and gadgets. The history behind these and the divergent paths they have each taken create an opportunity for us to do a much better job in providing a cleaner, more powerful, and more uniform way of working across the wide variety of apps and PCs we use today. The new Start screen embodies this effort.

So as you can see, they are not just jumping the gun on this and do plan on having it be much more involved later on. As I have said from the start, this is a Preview and not even the Beta. Give them time to get it expressed what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom