Win8 - Game trainers crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I usually play most games through first time normally, then I download a trainer from CheatHappens.com (I won free lifetime membership). All their trainers are good quality, malware free, and work perfectly every time - as you would expect for paid software. Yet every single trainer I try from them on Windows 8 crashes after running for about a second. I've tried about 4 different trainers but they all have the exact same issue. I googled it and found people with the same problem but noone had a solution.

It just seems odd that software wrote for Windows 7 doesn't work in Windows 8. Every other game/program I have works without a hitch. And i'm sure Microsoft have put a **** load of effort in to keeping solid compatibility.

I've tried all the usual compatibility modes, admin, disable firewall, disable anti-virus, stop all unnecessary services, close all other programs, reboot, update drivers, run windows update. But I have yet to find a fix. Though my windows knowledge is relatively limited too other people on this forum. Hence I am here.

Here are some of the readable files dumped too temp folder on crash:
View attachment 5174
View attachment 5175

Attachments

• WER74B5.tmp.appcompat.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 30
  • WER690C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 20
You already said it mate. The software was designed for Windows 7. This is not Windows 7. Yes while there is some work that has been done to keep compatibility, the introduction of Metro means that things have changed. Meaning that not everything will work. You found one that wont. Just have to wait till it goes final and new trainers are released.

Well fair enough. Thing is they worked fine in Dev Preview. I don't know what Microsoft have done too break them.

Actually Microsoft has done nothing to break them. Microsoft has changed coding in order to make the OS work properly with the new setup. The Developer Preview was Win7 with the Metro UI overlaid on top of it. Which is why you could disable Metro in the DP. Now they have completely gotten rid of that aspect and have Metro fully integrated. Which means much coding changes done to get things working properly so that there isnt glitches and other issues with the Metro Apps and Desktop Apps as well.

Microsoft has done what they needed to make sure that when people get this on their machines, they will not be as upset as they were when Vista was released. I think giving up compatibility for Game Trainers for a more stable work space is a more than fair trade. There was changes to Explorer itself since the DP which also could explain the problem, as these programs are not made to run with the new Explorer interface. So it isnt anything Microsoft has done but change their UI for the better, in regards to the changes to Explorer. Do not read that as Metro being better. But by far the changes to explorer itself is better than anything we had before with Windows.

So you think it's more than likely something that will have to be fixed by the developers, and not something that will be fixed by Microsoft themselves ?

I just hope it doesn't affect any other kind of application.

Yes it will most likely have to be fixed by the developers and not by Microsoft. There was some massive changes to explorer and how it operates. The introduction of the ribbon and the new commands changed how explorer operates. Which means that things like trainers that operate within explorer will need to be adjusted to work with the new explorer interface.

There is no saying if it will affect other kinds of applications or not. I know that operating Firefox I get all sorts of UI glitches with it. No matter if it is the default UI of Firefox or a Persona to make it more personal, most of the time the skin glitches and doesnt show up properly. So there will need to be some adjustments made to some programs to make them operate better with the new way Windows is setup.

ever tried Cheat Engine? I use it when stuff on cheathappens doesnt work.

It is a free ap that sorta lets you make your own cheats. Say your gun has 100 bullets. You scan the memory for the number 100.... fire some rounds off down till you have 78.. Scan all the 100s in the memory and see what changed to 78. Keep doing that until you get down to a single memory location. Use the program to change it or make it constant = you made cheat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom