Win7 no internet access

Does it recognize your ethernet card in Device Manager? Or does it show a yellow exclamation mark on it?

Ok, after lots of research i realised that my SiS 900 PCI Ethernet Adapter does not support Win7. What does this mean? New network card?

several peeps over here seemed to think that this worked:
Use your original driver from either PC or MB maker then do the following:
1.) Boot up your PC
2.) At W7 boot up press F8 then go to select Safe mode with Network support
3.) Go to Device manager
4.) Select delete your Network adapter
5.) Refresh then re-install your Network adapter
6.) Select manual install point to your either PC or MB maker's original network driver
7.) After installation your are done! Re-Boot to W7 again

SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Good Luck!
(or you can get a new ethernet card for around $10.)

That did not work. Can you give me a link to a good network card. (Ebay link please) that supports Win 7 32 bit?

I tried putting in a spare network card and that didnt work either. I have no idea what this is now but im getting a new router/modem from my ISP and il see if that makes any difference. The thing i dont understand is that it works on xp fine but on windows 7 it dosent.

Windows 7 does not support all legacy hardware. You can look up the manufacture of the ethernet network card you are trying to use to see if there is a driver for Windows 7
If you can give some info about this ethernet card....like the name brand and model number, we can probably check it for you

You may end up getting a new ethernet card that's compatible with 7

I tried putting in a spare network card and that didnt work either. I have no idea what this is now but im getting a new router/modem from my ISP and il see if that makes any difference. The thing i dont understand is that it works on xp fine but on windows 7 it dosent.

It is simple as this.

Your network card WILL NOT work with Windows 7.
Stick to Windows XP

XP only has one year of support from Micro$oft and after that it's going to be vulnerable without any updates. going with 7 and updating some cheap hardware would be worth the extra $10. (imho)

Back
Top Bottom