Win2KPro Installation Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
For one thing, when its time to install the drivers in the very beginning of the instalaltion (where it asks to press "F6") when I press F6, nothing happens. It does through the beginning installations and then it asks again if I need to install drivers and asks me to press "S." It works this time. Now I go on to the next step, it installs some more files but when it says "Setup is Starting Windows 2000" the computer freezes immidiately. This is all before I get asked to partition the HDD and stuff.

could be a hard drive problem, did u let it sit at that screen for about 10 minutes? try that once and if it doesnt move check your hard drive insgtallation and make sure ur system meets system requitements

I let it sit all night, lol. But it instantly freezes as soon as that comes up. No keys on the keyboard work.

On the Microsoft website, it says that this exact problem could have been caused by incorrect drivers being installed. When it asks me which drivers to install from the floppy disk, it gives 4 choices and I don't know which one(s) to choose.

Also, another person warned me before that it might not accept these Abit drivers that came with the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom