Win2k3 Server...Running as an ftp server

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
i was just wondering considering it is called Windows 'Server' 2003 if thier is any built in FTP servers er anything in it.. becuase i want to run an ftp server... but im using Serv-U and im having so many problems... people trying to connect keep on gettting timed out.. but yeh ive bin looking all over the place and the closest thing i found on information on win2k3 being able 2 transfer files is.. on this site... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/family.mspx it sais under the 'Server Roles' that win2k3 can function as a 'Streaming media server.' but i havent found any documentation on how i would go about doing this... but all i really want to do is just share files with my friends and what not.. through an FTP type environment... any help guyz???

i've had problems with serv-u also. it was giving me wrong password errors for no reason. i think the next thing to try is bulletproof. good luck, and tell me what you find :)

using Win2K3 is the best option because there are many different functions available with this than there are with ServU

ohh yeah thanks þÄ®âÐÖx i followed the document and got the server up... so yeh and i do like the FTP server thats built into Win 2k3 but the only thing i dont like is u cant really tell whose connected and what thier download and upload speeds are... and u can with Serv-U, is thier any programs out thier that u can like watch all the ports open on ur computer and the IP adresses and see how fast each one is going?... i would imagine thier would be... or even sumthen simpler thats like already thier that i havent seen to watch peoples downloads and uploads through the ftp server on win2k3....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom