win2k to XP possible online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOneEyedCobra

Baseband Member
Hi Everyone
This is a little embarrassing but im still using W2K and its painfully obvious i need to upgrade to xp at the least. Question 1. Can I purchase and dl XP from a website online and is that the smart thing to do? Question 2. Should and could I just purchase and dl Vista instead and if so can this be done online or will I need to go out and purchase the software. I originally posted this under general computing and upgrades but response was minimal so I may have posted in the wrong forum ...sorry about that.
Thanks for any help or advice
Brad

You can purchase XP Home OEM, for $89.99 at newegg.com, instead of upgrading. Or the Vista Home Premium OEM for $111.99 at newegg too.

What specs are you computer/ It would be best to make sure youve the hardware to handle xp so we can recomend any upgrades you might need..

I think you definitely need more RAM. That amount you have there, is just too little.

With that amount of RAM you will notice a lag with XP. 512 is the bare minimal you should run. 256 is the minimal required but XP runs so **** slow on it.

Certainly wouldnt bother me to put more ram in. I have always thought that 386 mb was a weird number to have for ram size. So this laptop is from 2004 or so I beleive ... where can I find out what kind of ram i need and how much my max i can go with is. I had to replace my hd and was extremely lucky i did that w/o screwing things up so any help or advice here would be appreciated alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom