Win2K update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
OK automatic updates downlaoded a critical update KB832894 along with a few others. It refuses to go away. Wants to install over and over even though it says it is already installed. Went to the Microsoft web site to research the problem. They have a fix for it. I have to download a patch for the patch. It says it cannot install the fix because IE6 SP1 must be installed. Well this is bogus because it IS installed. But I try to download and install SP1 and of course it says not to do this because it is already there. Lather rinse repeat. Since I have 2K I can't use IE7 and I can hear many of you already saying Firefox. That's all fine and dandy but the stupid update icon won't go away no matter what browser I use. And yeah I could just use XP instead of 2K, but this is an older laptop and 2K just runs way better on it. I have used both on it and this just runs much faster than XP did. It's a Dell Latitude C810, 1.1 Ghz with 512 RAM. It should run XP no sweat but it just has issues with XP. Anyway, I am off my tiopic, but has anybody had a similar issue or know of a better fix? I Googled and wasn't impressed with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom