Win2k Startup Freese (HELP!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edvosder

Baseband Member
I seem to being experiencing a problem within win2k pro. The first time I installed it it would say "Welcome to Microsoft Windows 2000 Prosfessional" or whatever, then it would get to the end of the loading bar and get stuck. A few seconds later the color will get all screwed up. I''ve left it at this point for two hours before, no difference. Then I format my drive and re-installed win2k. First time i tried to start, it did the same thing. The strange thing is that it lets me into safe mode and safe mode with networking just fine. I ran it with /sos in the boot.ini file and it got stuck after verifying my drive partitions and saying they were both "clean." Please help me!!!!!! It's been a while since an OS has stumped me by this much.

Um.. My computer with Win2KPro used to freeze at the middle of the bar, like 1/4 of the time. Then I got the new patch from Microsoft, and it works fine now.. Or maybe your Win2K disc is bad.. Iuno.

If you can get into safe mode with networking try to download some of the patches to see if that will help resolve some of your problems.

I'm in the middle of downloading all the patches and service packs, but for some reason while installing win2k service pack 4, it said something about not being able to finish the installation. I will finish all the patches than try the service pack again. It's strange how it lets me install drivers, games, change settings, etc. just fine in safe mode, it's like the intire computer is working but there's just one small item keeping it from booting normally. Anybody here happen to know exactly what the boot diff is between safe mode and normal?

Well the service packs and updates did absolutely jack didely to help me solve my problem, but with the help of a fellow windows 2k user i have sucessfully determined that the problem occurs during the transition of the windows 2000 startup screen and windows. I'm going to keep trying more things and post back here if i find anything out.

The bare minimum requirements.... so what all together does that exclude? I just thought about the only idea i've tried in the box, maybe a windows 2k startup disk?

I put xp on but now i get the message "NTLDR is missing. Press any key to reboot" WHERE'S ANY KEY!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you not serious...lol

Anyways, what steps did you take to install Xp over 2000?
Sounds like there could be something wrong with the drive....

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom