win2k pro to xp pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerXero

In Runtime
is it possable to upgrade win24 pro to xp pro ? iv read some stuff that says you can not do this , true or false?

Also , should i even bother doing it ? wich is the better op system ? i like win2k and have spent sometime learning how to use it , so im very comfy with it , but i think xp is more user friendly and updated for the future.

I know its not recommended to upgrade vs fresh install , but I dont have a full version of xp , will I see a performance drop if i can upgrade to xp ?

If possable , should i uninstall all drivers and service packs before doing the upgrade or will it be fine ?

So basicly Im just looking for reasons not to upgrade and reasons why I should upgrade.

XP-Pro definately runs faster than 2000, but it's a little more of a resource hog. XP sucks up between 128 and 256 mbs of RAM just to run.

You don't need to uninstall anything. You'll be fine. Just upgrade, and as soon as you have control of the desktop again (after loading) connect to the Internet and upgrade to XP service-pack 2. After that you should be fine.

yes, as long as its not 2000 pro being upgraded to XP <U>HOME</U> (or maybe that would be downgraded...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom