win2k pro sp4

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there ne way to get wmp10, msn 7.5, and ie7 to work on this? also where can i download an xp sound scheme? i had xp pro before, but the system was laggin on the inet, so i down(up?)graded to 2k for the preformance, and it runs great, i just miss all the cool things from xp, like syncronize device(mp3 player, wmp10) some cool features from 7.5, and i wanna try out beta7. i might do a dual boot with xp, but its not that big of a deal, i rather the preformance of 2k over the visual style of xp. wait, is there a way to mod 2k to give it an xp visual styles, like the taskbar, title bars of windows, start menu, etc...? gray is a lil bland

a compaq deskpro model 6266, its a p2 333mhz, 100mhz fsb 32kb l1, 512 l2, 128mb ram, 120gb hdd total, dvd drive, cd-rw drive, floppy

EDIT: i got a stick of 512, but its pc133, and i get a bsod when i use it in this. my old hp(rip old pavilion) had pc133 ram, and it worked perfect, until it died on me(damned power supply)

Your old rig was made to run 98 or 2000. XP would work but won't run that smoothly, you can disable most of the visual stuff on XP if you want.

*Turn it into a firewall/router :D

Why, it would just slow it down.

You can with WindowBlinds or something, but I don't use that crap, just a waste of RAM really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom