win10 any way to compile settings so i can do it quickly

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
so it seems like some axeholes at Microsoft decided that its cool to change everything back to default with every major update on windows 10

first off im curious how many people actually realize that their settings go back to default with every major update.

second
how can I create a one click solution to this where I can save selected settings that I want to load quickly whenever windows changes them back

unless theres a way I can prevent this from happening

If I remember correctly I can write a reg file with all the settings but they are usually in multiple loactions so that's gonna take a while

is there a ieasier way to do it?

so it seems like some axeholes at Microsoft decided that its cool to change everything back to default with every major update on windows 10

first off im curious how many people actually realize that their settings go back to default with every major update.
I've still yet ot have this happen; on a few of the earlier updates maybe it changed some settings back to default (when they were adding options to them), but otherwise...none that I've seen. And yes, I've gone through and checked them all.

second
how can I create a one click solution to this where I can save selected settings that I want to load quickly whenever windows changes them back

unless theres a way I can prevent this from happening

If I remember correctly I can write a reg file with all the settings but they are usually in multiple loactions so that's gonna take a while

is there a ieasier way to do it?

PowerShell script maybe, if there's any cmd-lets to do it.

someone pointed out that only major updates reset settings.
it happened to me multiple times on multiple computers already

the way I can tell is it resets file associations for images back to the stupid photo app instead of good old windows photo viewer

Ah, I use the Photos app anyway - I personally like it more; plus it has built-in capability for video trimming, which I used to use a lot. My other file associations haven't been reset, as far as I've noticed.

Back
Top Bottom