Win XP w/ SP2 game error..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaJoe

Beta member
Ok, I've heard that SP2 has some issues with some of the older cd-rom games, but I wanted to see if I could play Roller Coaster Tycoon on it (I had no problems playing it on SP1), which I was able to play UNTIL I installed the loopy landscapes expansion pack. Now whenever it loads up, I get this error:

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/8236/gameerror9nn.png

Then when I push "OK" it kicks me out of the game.
What is the cause of this error possibly? I really dont want to screw around with my computer to figure out what's causing this, I just want to play the damn game!

Can anyone help me with this? Help will be greatly appreciated.

Well according to this here that game is not on the list. Have your tried to run Memtest and make sure it is not a memory problem. Sicne the Error code doesnt give any specific data that is all i can think of. Other than that maybe uninstall and re-install the game and see if it works.

Wow. That sure is a big list. Something tells me that they dont update it often... ¬_¬

This is a game error. Not a normal app (non-game) error. Please help me out here. I doubt uninstalling and reinstalling it will do the trick and I also doubt it has anyhting to do with memory. I'm talking about SP2 here, remember?

That is my point. This list went out after SP2 was released. It hasnt been updated cause everything that has been released since March of 04 has been SP2 compliant. Plus some of those apps now work on SP2 machines. That list just shows some errors that can happen.

I know that that RCT was released in 99. So therefor it should work on the system with SP2. I suggested to un-install and reinstall because maybe the update to SP2 changed something with the game install and that is why you got this error.

I have had SP2 since the release and have had no problems running anything. I dont see how SP2 can be the source of all evil for so many. But this is also just my opinion.

I dont really know what to suggest since 1 its a game error and 2 it doesnt give a specific error code to work with.

I found out what was wrong (from a different forum). I had the game set to run under win2000 capability and switched it to win95. I've never had to deal with the capability issue before on my WinXP. Must have been something they changed with the SP2 thing. So yeah, I'm sorry for acting sarcastic there, I was just a bit frustated because I didnt know that that was the case I was dealing with. But thanks for taking your time to try helping me out. So dont expect me to reply back to this thread because the problem is no longer standing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom