Win XP: Updating or getting the latest drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Forum

Solid State Member
I recently had problems with my computer that was running Win2000; but after it crashed [and wouldn't reboot despite all the technological tricks] I bit the bullit and installed WinXP.

Obviously, I had to install Service Pack2 along with XP and I did all the [automatic] updates, etc., etc. So far, no problems except whenever I want to play a particular "normal" game in which I'll recieve a message about Direct3D and updating my hardware with the latest driver(s).

If I did an update [via Microsoft, of course] why would I get that message? And subsequent updates indicate that my system is "okay" and the latest DirectX (9.0c) is fine.

How, then, can I get the latest driver(s) without going back/through Microsoft?

If u updated ur system via Microsoft this doesnt mean u updated ur hardware drivers as well...!!
whats ur VGA's company ?! check its website for the latest drivers for ur VGA.
And a lil hint....some games have the ( Direct3D) problem even with latest drivers installed..one were ( Hitman 2 ) and could be easily solved by modifing the games' file to make it use OpenGL instead of direct3d.

So wat u gotta do now is making sure u upgrade ur VGA's drivers then let me know if the problem still persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom