Win XP, sytem does not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

girardibanez

Beta member
Need help.

Win XP does not boot to the win xp screen. I have 3 hard drives and each one is on a switcher. Only one hard drive can boot at a time.

All three drives have the same boot problem. Not sure if the rain storm caused it or a virus. I am puzzle has to how all three HD got the same symtoms. The switcher is from Tiger Direct (TRIO). I bought it so that I can surf on HD #2 and not affect my main HD #1. HD #3 is on Win 98.

Is there a way to repair the HD to boot (NTFS). I can access the repair console but haven't a clue as to how to reload the corrupted file.

Thanks,

girard

Seems to me that you should check your "switcher", it doesn't sound reasonable that all three hard drives died at the same time, either the switcher or the controller on your motherboard. First check the connections, then remove the switcher and try to boot to a hard drive.

Some how the bios got changed. ?????? Found that primary and secondary IDE HD was reset to NONE. Not sure how that happen.

Anyway, is there a way to recovery a HD in Win XP using the recovery console. And what parameters do you look at.

girard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom