Win XP SP3 System Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshaw57

Beta member
Hi All
Just been having a few problems lately.
System totally freezes, (CTRL ALT DEL, doesn't work needs hard reset), when I started some of the following programs:
Blender: Did a uninstall and reinstall of Blender and python 2.5.2. Shows command window but freezes before "compiled with python 2.5 message appears)
RFFlow(Trial): Main Windows appears then freezes. Again I have done an unistall and reinstall, still freezes.
ArcSoft Photoimpression: Freezes when first started.

I haven't been through all programs but programs like MSOffice etc work fine.

I did do a registry clean some time ago and only noticed that these programs were not working recently so I would not know where to to a system restore from.

I initally thought it was just Blender but now with other programs affected I would gather it is some type of system file that I have accidently deleted or corrupted.

Is there any way of see what the processes, drivers, files, dlls etc may be affected when I start any of these programs. I would suspect that it may be only one or two files that are causing this problem.

I am reasonably computer savvy but I think I did have a "gray" moment a few months back when i did the registry clean so any help here would be great, if not I will take to our tech guy at work but I thought I ask here first.

I have Win XP SP3, 1 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT 512 MB graphics card.

Many thanks
:confused:

Could try looking in the Event Viewer and seeing if that gives more of a detail as to what is making the programs cause the system to hang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom