win xp and SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

slovenc59

Beta member
After i install sp3 on my xp, laptop start to behave strange, no so fast as before and i want to delete sp3. But i don`t find it Ad/remove programs. Even more strange is that i have two Ad/remove items in my control panel. One is in my Slovene and second in English version.
I wonder what is wrong, and how i can find SP3 because sims to cause troubles.
Any sugestion ?
JR !

Honestly, you don't want to remove it... you should always keep your OS up-to-date. You might want to look at some of your programs running in the background and clean your registry, temp files, etc... I'm pretty sure that SP3 is not the cause of the issue. So my suggestions would be. To download:

ccleaner - keeps your system clean.
|MG| CCleaner Slim (No Toolbar) 2.16.830

easycleaner - for all the registry items. there is more with this program, but I only use it for this... some of them can be dangerous if you don't know what your doing.
|MG| EasyCleaner 2.0

defraggler - a much better program than the windows defrag.
|MG| Defraggler 1.07.124

then, after all that, do a good spyware and virus scan... but I think that will help your system speed.

I have my comp in preety good condition so far, untill i install SP3 on it.
Occasionaly check win files with "sfc" tool from windows, but this time win ask me to put SP3 disk in, anyway i download and "install" via net.That means sfc did`t find sp3 files in windows.
Anyway ccleaner didn´t bring me any tangible accelaration, so i have to try something else.
Think forward and if you determine anything else, be pleased to post me.
Sincerely, Janko.

Well sims that i wasnt the only one with trouble. Anyway i download sp3 and made iso cd with sp3, install it again and now is much better.Anyhow, using win with sp3 is like driving with hand brake, ha ha. Sometimes i think that microsoft making more damage as benefits with their enorming nombers of updates and sp.
Tkank you for advice.

See, unless you install SP3 on a machine that hasn't updated your probably going to have a conflict.. it's like installing drivers over drivers.. same thing. that is if you have had regular updates and then decided to install SP3 which is all those same updates bundled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom