win xp on sata drive problems (no raid) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2005, 12:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default win xp on sata drive problems (no raid)

alright I'm setting up this new computer it has an abit kv-80 mobo and 1 western dgital caviar 200 gb hdd. here is the problem, I got it up and running enough to get the operating system to halfway load and then it just sends me in circles over and over again trying to install xp pro I've been fooling around with this for like a day and a half and I don't know what else to do can some one help me out this sata crap is really screwing with my head.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

okay I actually got it to work but now when the bootscreens comes up it freezes now anybody got any ideas

Old 07-15-2005, 02:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

It could be the drivers for the SATA are giving you some issues. Either that or the Copy of XP you have doesnt have the correct drivers installed on it so when it tried to load from the drive it freezes since it cant find the hard drive when looking for it.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 07-16-2005, 12:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default thanks

that wasn't the problem i fixed it but thanks though. it was the way that the bios was set up it wasn't detecting the drives in the right way I set it right loaded the drivers and then it worked so its better now thanx.
Closed Thread