win xp run command prompt cache/history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Baseband Member
HI,
The run command on one of these computers has a list of previously run commands stored in it and it looks like some web sites too.

I've cleared lists in several places including disk clean, taskbar and firefox. Even ran spybot and ad-aware. I looked at regedit and since I'm not familiar with values I left it along. I did remove temp files from the hidden folders in 'documents and settings' that I thought a previous 'cleaner' program got rid of years ago.

Any ideas where this stuff is located and how the run command window is picking it up and how I can remove it?

thnx.

Have you tried CCleaner? I know that is good at getting rid of those things. But i would say it is a combo of Temp files, Internet History and such things like htat. Most of which are in hidden folders in the App Data area under the Documents & Settings folder.

Click My Computer>Tools>Folder Options>View>Show hidden files and folders.

The go into C:\Documents and Settings and look in there under the main user account for the App Data folder. Just go in there and clean out any kind of temp folder and internet history.

The easiest thing to do is just use CCleaner. It does all this with a couple clicks.

Well it worked, Ccleaner fixed it. Not sure what else it did but it's gone. It showed in the reg integrity a very long list of stuff. I was to scared to clean yet. There's lots of missing DLL's, mostly from acrobat. Unused file ext., TONS of 'issues', uninstaller issues and old or missing keys. Man some of those go back 5 yrs. Is that slowing down my system?

Thx again for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom