Win XP recovery error

Status
Not open for further replies.

brenbo

Beta member
Hi All,
I have being trying to perform a system recovery on my HP pavilion 7945. The OS on it is Windows XP home. There was no major problem initially with the PC, it was just slow and I wanted to formatted the hard drive, remove all unused software and clear the registry. However went I run the recovery disk, they install completely but then give the error “Cannot create user partition! System Recovery cannot continue!”
The HP technical support advised me to get a boot disk with Fdisk and run fdisk to delete:
* Delete Primary DOS Partition.
* Delete Extended DOS Partition.
* Delete Logical DOS Drive(s) in the Extended DOS Partition.
* Delete Non-DOS Partition

I also then created the Primary DOS Partition using defaults and did Rewriting the Master Boot Record as instructed with the FDISK /MBR command.

Finally I rebooted again from the recovery disk and the disks install completely and then give the same error. “Cannot create user partition! System Recovery cannot continue!”

How do I get over this error????

All help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Brendan.

call hp and tell them whats happening. they'll work with you until it solved or tell you to return your failing HD in return for a refurb'd one; hell, you may get a upgraded size HD for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom