Win XP Pro x64 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemakr

In Runtime
I wasn't sure where to post this, software or hardware!?
I finally got my new system together and what do you know, I keep getting a blue screen error after the XP x64 loads all the drivers and then start windows. It says something about checking the disk for errors and viruses. There are neither on my drive, and to just make sure I low level formatted it too, and that message continues to come up.
I've never had this much trouble getting an OS to work. I'm just not seeing it as a hardware problem like it says. Is there something different in this installation process vs. other Windows platforms? Or are there compatibility issues, maybe? I would appreciate any input on this matter, thanks. If it helps I'm running Pentium D 820, so I can't use any other OS.

icemakr said:
I wasn't sure where to post this, software or hardware!?
I finally got my new system together and what do you know, I keep getting a blue screen error after the XP x64 loads all the drivers and then start windows. It says something about checking the disk for errors and viruses. There are neither on my drive, and to just make sure I low level formatted it too, and that message continues to come up.
I've never had this much trouble getting an OS to work. I'm just not seeing it as a hardware problem like it says. Is there something different in this installation process vs. other Windows platforms? Or are there compatibility issues, maybe? I would appreciate any input on this matter, thanks. If it helps I'm running Pentium D 820, so I can't use any other OS.

XP64 doesn't work on pentium's processor. only AMD's 64. they tell you that just before you download it. you can run regular xp on your Pentium D 820

You know I dodn't even see that when I downloaded it. I thought I saw somewhere that it said it required x64, but going back on it it would seem you're right. Thanks

I figured out that the drivers cd that I didn't get with the board has a driver for the ide controller. Now i'm trying to figure out how to get that cd or make a bootable on if possible to auto load those drivers.?

Re: Re: Win XP Pro x64 Edition

EricB said:
XP64 doesn't work on pentium's processor. only AMD's 64. they tell you that just before you download it. you can run regular xp on your Pentium D 820

The 820, as with most of Intel's new processors, is 64bit enabled. "EM64T" So I doubt thats the problem.

can someone tell us what is the different between xp64 and normal xp, is xp64 faster than xp ? since xp64 is 64bit

Eric I thought X64 just didn't work on one brand of pentiums are you saying it's all 64 bit pentiums!

No I think he just didn't realize Intel has 64bit processors. But, either way, all of intel's 64 bit processors except the Itanium will support XP x64.

cedjunior said:
No I think he just didn't realize Intel has 64bit processors. But, either way, all of intel's 64 bit processors except the Itanium will support XP x64.

actually I though all intel were Itaniums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom