Win XP Pro SP2 + Toshiba A215 S7422.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
Well, I did it. I did the downgrade. Vista was running great until some random lock ups. I'll give it another go-around when it becomes more well rounded, but until then, XP Pro SP2 has taken over my laptop.

Thing is, now I have to find all of my drivers individually. I located the ATI Radeon X1200 adapter, however I get errors during installation. It first required .Net Framework 2.0, which I got, however the ATI installation continuously gets flagged with errors.

It reads...

Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit. Thing is, the driver is for XP... yet I have XP... and it's for the X1200... I have the X1200... Wtf?

edit - also if anybody knows where I can get the drivers in a bunch... like a mass download, that'd be great..

Go to the Toshiba site. They should have them there.

For the life of me, I am having a lot of trouble finding these drivers. Toshiba doesn't seem to have much on their site, except for drivers with CDRom drives and hard drives. I don't need that... I need video drivers, wlan, lan, sound, etc.

I even have the X1200 driver from ATI and it just bombards me with an error as if it's the wrong driver.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

k so... out of that entire package... my wireless works now.

I still need the following... Not sure what some of them are, but I'm listing them anyway.

Base System Device
Base System Device
Base System Device
Ethernet Controller
PCI Device
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller

:(

Included Drivers

* Agere 56k Modem Drivers (Toshiba Softmodem)
* AMD AGP Filter
* AMD DualCore Optimizer
* AMD Processor Driver (Turion64 X2)
* Realtek 8187B Wifi (need to be installed manually!)
* ATI Radeon X1200 Drivers (need to be installed manually!)
* ATI SB600 Drivers (Southbridge)
* ATI SM Bus Drivers
* Microsoft UUA HD Audio
* Realtek HD Audio Drivers
* Realtek PCIe Ethernet drivers (2 Versions, for A215 and A210 based notebooks)
* Ricoh Cardreader Drivers (memory stick, SD xD)
* ALPS Touchpad drivers (the ones with the "scrolling function")

thats what you just downloaded, everythin should be fine if you have installed everything

k so... out of that entire package... my wireless works now.

I still need the following... Not sure what some of them are, but I'm listing them anyway.

Base System Device
Base System Device
Base System Device
Ethernet Controller
PCI Device
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller

:(

Lets see most of those should be part of your Chipset drivers which can only be found via the laptop manufacturer site. The PCI device you ahve to find out what it is. Sound card, modem, what? The Video controller you have to get from either ATi or nvidia's site. The ethernet controller should also be on the laptop manufacturer site.

Lets see most of those should be part of your Chipset drivers which can only be found via the laptop manufacturer site. The PCI device you ahve to find out what it is. Sound card, modem, what? The Video controller you have to get from either ATi or nvidia's site. The ethernet controller should also be on the laptop manufacturer site.

That's what I thought too. Any other possibilities for the vide driver??

Well if it is onbaord video like SiS or Intel integrated then it would also be on the laptop site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom