Win XP Pro SP2 BSOD's after install... help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jfenwick-
make sure your XP disk is as clean as you can get it... no fingerprints, smudges, anything like that... whenever i got 'cannot find file' errors during install, i would just pop the disk out, clean it, retry, and itd be okay...
and try turning windows automatic updates off... mine has been off and ive gotten it running fine again... it lasts much, much longer when you turn this off, for me at least...
i need to find the source of my system freezes now is all... its when it freezes during windows update that it gets messed up, i think...
grrrrr... anyone know of any reasons my system might randomly freeze up on me? idk... - RK

That's what I thought at first, lent the disk to my brother in law and it doesn't look good anymore. anyways, re-burnt it now 4 times, at varying speeds and I'm still getting hangups over files while installing. I'm thinking that maybe it's my burner? My primary burner is on the comp to be re-formatted, the one I'm using on my laptop gets used once a year....running out of options at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom