Win XP Pro and sata conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxsk8er

In Runtime
Hey, I'm having problems with installing WinXP Pro on my computer, either a system32 error occures or it fails to find the txtsetup.oem file that is required.
I am using an Asus A7V8X, a Maxtor 60G 8M Sata, and am not having any luck getting Win XP Pro on there. The bios version on the mobo is 1010 and bios is already setup correctly, so I am straight forward there. What do I have to do to get it to install Win XP Pro?

Go to the maxtor website and download their hard drive utility. BTW Maxtor sucks at making hard drives. Also, ASUS quality is going downhill IMO

but when I do, it says it cannot find the txtsetup.oem file and/or an error will appear that says theres something missing or wrong with the file. And sometimes if I don't F6 it it will try to setup and say an error has occured, a system32 error. All I have to say is the next time I get a motherboard, I'm going to get an Abit NF7-S mobo instead. My friend is using one and it rocks.

copy these file to your floppy Disc from your maxtor cd. you can download the iso cd from maxtor site, then extract it
floppy.jpg

maxtor cd
MaxotorCD.jpg

dude I don't have a fast enough connection to download that image file and which exact files am I to copy. If its the ones I see then I will do so and start right away.

probably. if it has the textsetup.oem and the ulsata and the ultra files. those are the one you need. since you have xp pro you can just copy that folder and not the other ones

I just tried it with out the fastrax folder on another floppy and the damn thing doesn't see the hard drive. I got the ULsata file loaded but it still doesn't see a damn thing. What else needs to be loaded to allow it to see the hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom