Win XP Pro Login

Status
Not open for further replies.
...ok maybe i shall explain better.....

there a several computers at my work coming up the the old login to windows and now they are getting annoyed cause they have to type there name in every time they want to log in....

yes they are the admin to the local machine as well

Just as easily explained graphically

if not on a domain go Start --> Run >> type control userpasswords2 then click on username you want to autologon. Then click off the checkbox.

Clear as mud? Go for it.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 22
mrdinkel

that just makes a password required to log on...they want to automatically log on with a user name and password.

tractorboy said:
mrdinkel

that just makes a password required to log on...they want to automatically log on with a user name and password.

No thats not wat i want to do tractor........i just want the username to appear in the login box automaticly.........

-=Edit=-

i tried the...control userpasswords2

and it still doesnt work...

maybe I can help. Did this machine used to have someone else on there? If you, log in as an admin, go to manage on my computer, go to users, delete the old user account on that machine that is coming up. Take them off any other group they might be in, reboot, login as yourself, and then log back off and see what that does. also, if they are no longer an employee, disable there account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom