Win XP Pro - Error - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2004, 01:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Win XP Pro - Error

Hi Techies,

Can anybody help me?

Yesterday I formated my hard drive and reinstalled that. Firstly I installed Win 98 Se. I also installed MS Office 2000 Pro, Winzip 8, Windows Media Player 9, Direct X 9B, Acrobat Reader 5.05. But just after instalation I was getting error in dialouge box -- 'Illegal operation close the program' like that. I used to get this error earlier that time I uninstalled small softwares from my system and again I Installed them that time I cured the problem I tried this time also but I could not solve the problem.

Then I decided to installed Win XP Pro. I formated C: drive with NTFS (not quick format) and installed Win XP.

Now my main problem is that I am getting BLUE Screen frequently (otherwise Windows is running good) and the message is----------

*** Hardware Malfunction

Call your hardware vendor for support

*** The system has halted***

I am using 810 motherboard with SIS 630 chipset, P-3 866, 128 MB SD Ram, 20 GB HDD is there any problem with my PC's configuration.

Also, I want you know that when I bought PC, Win XP was not reliesed. Therefore I have only drivers of Win 98, NT & Win 2000 for my VGA & Audio in CD. Is this the problem.

I keen to use Win XP but I dont know how can I solve this problem.

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance.

Old 11-09-2004, 01:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to intercodes

Iam afraid that you have a defective RAM module ,please check your RAM.
Also I guess windows XP has installed incorrect/approximate drivers for you hardware [some of 'em].
Please check the windows update site for driver updates.
For more information on this error check this link

Windows XP runs sluggish with a 128 MB SD Ram too,you have to turn off al the fancy stuff that windows XP uses [themes,visual effects...]

Closed Thread