Win Xp Home edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

97lt2959

In Runtime
Does anyone know how to add logoff scripts to winxp home edition there is no group policy console that i can find :mad: it is usually called gpedit.msc but its not here and its deffo not in system32 directory. Help please, please!

windows Xp Home Edition

ok then does any one no hows to add a logoff script to winxp home edition. Or does anyone now what the registry entried are for winxp pro wen u add a logon script through group policy i could then maybee try these reg entried on my computer to see if they work
thanx

mmc panel

You know I am not sure about home edition, but in Pro you can go to Start>run and type in "mmc" Microsoft management Console.

Then once you are in you click on "File>Add/Remove Snap-in" then "Add" Then you look for "Group Policy" and add, Finish, Close, OK.

This lets you manipulate local policies on the PC. Again this is a Windows XP PRO and 2000 thing. I am not sure if Home has the same settings.

Well Duh! Cniv I just saw your post -- where did that come from? It wasn't there when I first read -- heh.

Okay, pls disregard my last post -- it is clearly NOT available on Home Edition. So 97lt2959 I reccomend getting Pro if you want advanced secirity options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom