Win Xp Cant Access Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nile

Solid State Member
Hi, i just installed a new cpu mobo and HD in my computer. I installed winXP on my new HD but when I boot in winXP I cant see my old XP installation user folder. It says ACCESS IS DENIED all the time. I can browse trough everything else tough. I had some files on my desktop and in my document folder please help

no encryption
my new XP install is on my new hard drive
im logged on as an administrator yes but not as administrator account... I just disabled it in policies settings. its XPSP1
I can access every other folder on my old hd, like administrator all users etc... just not my personal folder

strange isnt it??

you have to go to your old XP and go to share folder options of your personal folder and try to add the username you are using on the new XP to the list of authorised users (read/write etc)

my old winxp isnt configured to run with this mobo so I get blue screens all the time and it wont boot in safe mode I tried... all I get is the os selection screen of my old 98/xp on this hd... isnt there some recovery software that would skip the damn persmissions in XP and access it? can I use recovery console to go to it somehow?

I know some linux distrib have ntfs support, do you know of any good live distrib that could do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom