Win XP boot errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did, I tried swapping the ram and nothing works. And it still won't detect my keyboard. I tried a different keyboard, and it would not detect that either. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the current floppy drive. It seems like that might be where the ticking is coming from. Is there a way I can turn off the floppy drive? I tried booting up the computer without the floppy connected, and it gave me some stupid error about the floppy drive failing.
On a side note, I installed the hard drive as a slave on my dad's office computer, and when it booted up, the keyboard and the mouse did not work either.

I think the biggest issue here is I NEED to get the computer to detect the keyboard, because I obviously can't do shit without it. I can't get into BIOS, I can't tell it to boot off of the XP CD...

Well I tried that, and it's not the floppy drive... the beeping is coming from the mother board, I was able to figure that much out. it even beeps if I power up the computer with zero drives attached. What could be causing this beeping/ticking? It doesn't start beeping right away, it usually takes about 10 seconds after the on button is pushed, right before it tries to detect which drives are connected on the IDE channels.

Well shit, looks like I'm off to Newegg.. this motherboard is an ASUS A7N266-C. Do you think I could recycle the ram from this with a new mobo? I have two 512meg Corsair XMS chips, and it would be a shame to waste them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom