Win 98 Wont Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract3000

Solid State Member
Ok The computer has Windows 98 installed everything seems to check out fine on start-up, it gets through the Splash screen to the really light blue screen and stops, nothing comes up? I have tried booting into Safe Mode and Step by Step Config mode but it always does the same thing, after stopping nothing happens and the harddrive dose not indicate any prosseccing anyone have any idea on how to fix this one?
thanx

Sounds like something is stalling up your PC, possibly in your AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS, or mabye SYSTEM.INI. How long ago and what were you doing when this started happening? The first thing I would do is boot from a boot disk and check these files. Then, if nothing was wrong, I would re-install Windows 98.

Have you installed any new hardware or software?

What has changed that made it work before and not now?

just boot to the command prompt from f8 or using a floppy... and on the prompt run the following commands:

c:\windows>scanreg /fix
restart the system then... if it does not work boot back to the command prompt and run

c:\windows>scanreg /restore
it will list a few dates select the one on which ur system was booting fine and press enter.

it should take care of the problem.. if it doesn't do get back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom