Win 8 BSODs & Freezing

dazzyboy10

Baseband Member
Hi, I only installed Win 8 about a week ago and since that I have had several errors appearing including BSODs with the message WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

The main problem is freezing and trouble with booting up as I sometimes have to wait at least 10 minutes after a freeze to try and reboot or it will just freeze again around the UEFI BIOS screen.

I did have an error at the start of these problems that the CPU FAN RPM was dipping below 600RPM and since has been running around 640/650 RPM but it doesn't seem to be causing any problems as even while typing this the CPU Temp is 34 and mobo is 30.

I'm just really confused as to why this is all happening and desperately need some advice. Thanks

I would start from checking my drivers. Drivers compatibility with Windows 8.
Well Windows 8 have many drivers it self... does hardware could be not compatible with Windows 8? :D
From old times BSOD means that in your system (hardware - software) is some incompatibility, hardware or software (drivers) issues.

Well I made sure before installing Win 8 to use the upgrade advisor and got rid of anything that wasn't compatible and I have the latest drivers for my system ( as far as aware from checking )

Win 8 legal, or torrent version? ;]
I did have an error at the start of these problems that the CPU FAN RPM was dipping below 600RPM
How much RPM now, when system don't crash. Maybe it crash when fans RPM is dipping.
Dipping why? Maybe fan ant get power as much as he need, that should show PSU, mobo problems, to test hardware with multimeter will be grate. Well this is just theoretical thinking, don't judge me ;]
Take a foto of BSOD and post it here, BSOD should show some codes too.

RPM running about 640/650. I haven't had the BSOD for a few days and all it stated was WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I use the AI Suite II from ASUS and this shows the voltages to be fine. My PSU is 650W so it should cover what I have.

Hmm i suggest to track Event Viewer -> Windows -> System. Check the time when BSOD appears, after restart go to Event Viewer and look for errors. All errors have its code post it here even if you found answer by googling it.
It's all about learning. :)

You will not find Error cold BSOD or WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. You need to check what kind of errors you get at that time when BSOD appears. Check erro Event ID, google it, it will give better understanding about why does system crash.

The only error code that is popping up is Event ID 41 Source: Kernel-Power. I have also noticed that in the Action Centre there are some solutions to check for and they all relate to Video Hardware errors around the times of the BSODs

Back
Top Bottom