Win 7/ Logon/ Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pezzy

In Runtime
Hi all.

I've got Windows 7 Ultimate.

When I was booting up today, it went past the screen where you see the four-colored Windows logo, and then onto the logon screen (I have two accounts: Administrator plus one more).

I select Administrator, and then you see that little spinning circle (while the mouse pointer disappears for a moment), and it says "Welcome". After "Welcome" it usually then goes to the desktop.

However.....it just hung there at "Welcome". I hadn't done any Windows updates recently; when it gets to the "Welcome" screen after updating Windows, it will hang there a bit and you'll see something like, "25%.....60%.....100%", and then onto desktop.

Well, I waited a good three or four minutes, and the little circle thingy was just spinning at the "Welcome" screen. So, I pressed my reset button and re-booted.

Upon booting back up, I pressed F8 to go into Safe Mode. Safe Mode came up fine, and so I went into the Event Viewer to check some stuff. Afterwards, I re-booted again and everything came up fine to my desktop.

When I was in the Event Viewer, I looked for today's date and the time I booted up.

One of the Events is ID # 4625. It said: "The EventSystem sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for a duration of 86400 seconds. "

I did the math on those numbers.....that many seconds comes out to 24 hours!! Did this have anything to do with my hanging "Welcome" screen?

Another Event at the time of my hanging boot-up had an exclamation point (!) next to it; it was Event ID # 6005. This says: "The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon)."

Could it be this 6005 Event? It mentions about "long time" and "Logon". Plus, it had the exclamation point (!).

Anything I can do to prevent this "hang time" in the future? Any ideas on what caused it?

Thanks for any info or suggestions.
Pez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom