Win 7 Compatability mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little hard trying to right click on an executable file if that is on optical media. On many softwares there is no desktop shortcut even created or the option for it seen. With other installers the shortcut is the last item once the rest of the files are unpacked to the drive. That's what I've been trying to point out there.

How is it hard to right click a executable file on a Optical Drive? Right click the Drive, Select OPEN. From there you get a list of ALL files. Then you right click the EXE file and continue the process.

Simple really.

IT doesnt matter if it is on a CD/DVD/HDD/External Drive. There is a way to access the file needed to do this. I have done it from ISO's, CD's, DVD's and everything else. There is always a way to access the files. You dont always have to let Autorun do it for you.

How is it hard to right click a executable file on a Optical Drive? Right click the Drive, Select OPEN. From there you get a list of ALL files. Then you right click the EXE file and continue the process.

Simple really.

IT doesnt matter if it is on a CD/DVD/HDD/External Drive. There is a way to access the file needed to do this. I have done it from ISO's, CD's, DVD's and everything else. There is always a way to access the files. You dont always have to let Autorun do it for you.

Exactly how I did it. Right click the CD then selct "open" then go to the main EXE and right click and choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility".

Awesome feature in Win 7

I simply open an explorer window for browsing the disk. What I was referring to is when seeing the installer come up when first inserting the disk when there is no exe file only the auto run seen at the root of the disk itself.

I simply open an explorer window for browsing the disk. What I was referring to is when seeing the installer come up when first inserting the disk when there is no exe file only the auto run seen at the root of the disk itself.

You should clarify ;).

And that's essentially what Mak was saying...manually browse the CD. You can still go into the setup files, but I've ran the setup file as admin in the root of the disc just fine before and there hasn't been problems for me...

When you insert a disc in Windows 7 you should get that pop up that asks you want you want to do. So it shouldnt start the installer right away. If it does that is something you did not the default action of Windows Vista or Windows 7.

You must mean something like this?

Nothing like adding a few more shortcuts to a crowded desktop. :p

You must mean something like this?

Nothing like adding a few more shortcuts to a crowded desktop. :p

yes, just like that, except choose the bottom one "open in folder veiw" and right click the setup.exe and then select "Trouble shoot campatibilty"

yes, just like that, except choose the bottom one "open in folder veiw" and right click the setup.exe and then select "Trouble shoot campatibilty"

The auto play options in the control panel are already set the way I plan to keep those. You wouldn't set the compatibility mode there anyways only instructing Windows how to treat each type of disk when detected in the drive.

He didnt say that you would set it there. He said you would use the View Folder and then you would right click the executable file to use the Troubleshoot Compatibility. Which is correct. You can do it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom