win 7 and bandwidth issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

w-r-g

Solid State Member
Running win 7 64bit and having some bandwidth issues. Run vista 64 and xp 32 bit on other boxes on this same network and do not have issues. Problem is bandwidth cannot be shared properly. When the win 7 box is downloading even throttled there is no bandwidth to go around. Like right now I am downloading new HP drivers and it is a large file of 400 megs and the speed is only 150k/sec and web pages are extremely slow. Speed test comes back at almost nil. I need to alter something but I need help on what that might be.

Thanks

Well it is the os in this case, i have 4 other os's going on my network and all of them work fine and always have. Win 7 is the first time I have had this problem. I have 15mbps down and 3mbps up business account.

That would be your router, not really your OS. What speed internet do you have (1.5Mbps? 3Mbps?)

Do you have proper drivers? I run Win7, Vista, XP and Linux on my network and i do not have this issue at all. I would think that it would be something you have going that is causing this problem not the OS itself. Cause if that was the case, it would happen with more people than just you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom