Win 7: 64 Bit or 32 Bit? Not sure what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRoo

Baseband Member
Thanks ahead of time for the help/advice!
+Rep to anyone who can give me the best/reasonable answer! :)

I'm looking to get the best performance I can out of this very mediocre computer. I'm into light/medium gaming (by this I mean I play some rather computer-demanding games).

I currently have Windows 7 Home Pro (64 Bit) installed and running fine.

My question is, would Installing Windows 7 (32 Bit) make a difference for my overall gaming/surfing performance?

--------------------------------------SPECS------------------------------------------
General
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Central Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1300

Graphics
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Video Memory: 128.00 MB
Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768

Storage
Total Memory: 1.87 GB
Free Memory: 1.03 GB
Total Hard disk: 297.99 GB
Free Hard disk: 208.29 GB

Operating System
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
OpenGL Version: 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

Registry
Maximum Size: 2048 MB

Central Processor
CPU Name: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1300
Code Name: Model 15, Stepping 2
Manufactory: AuthenticAMD
Current Clock Speed: 2300 Mhz
Max Clock Speed: 2300 Mhz

ANY AND ALL HELP/TIPS/ADVICE IS/ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

If you currently have 64-bit, there is no reason to go back. You are future proofing yourself. 32-bit has a limit of 3.5GB RAM, 64-bit does not.

No, 64bit will do nothing to improve your performance. But it will allow you to get over the 4Gig RAM limitations, but with your specs, I doubt you'd have any reason to get that high.

So with a few bucks I can greatly improve my computer?

Say I had 100-250 dollars, What is the FIRST thing to improve on my specs?
I'm guessing processor?

patonb, he already has 64-bit.

The best thing to upgrade would be your memory.

And so what... His question was If he went to 32 bit would he get better performance over 64bit. With his specs, theres nothing that he'll do that would need more than Gigs. Thus for him, 32 or 64bit will make no difference.

Before anyone can tell you what would be best to upgrade, abit more about you computer is need.

Is this a prebuilt computer, as in from dell or hp or simular company?

Do you know anything about your mother board?

A CPU upgrade will give a nice boost, but not knowing if you can even get anything worth the money, I wouldn't even want to comment on it.

Well youre in luck actualy.
Heres your mobo.. Motherboard Specifications, M2N68-LA (Narra5) - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

You can upgrade to a decent processor, and with a better power supply you can get a better gpu.

On that note.. I'd upgrade the cpu, the the psu and gpu.

I'm not too good with amd and the chipsets, so i'll deffer that to someone else.

But could you also check the power suppky size. It'll say the amount of Watts on the side.

Not even sure what a gpu is lol cpu is Core Processing Unit, but what's gpu? Graphics?
and what's a psu? lol

CPU - Central Processing Unit
GPU - Graphics Processing Unit (this will either integrated into the CPU or motherboard, or a separate card)
PSU - Power Supply Unit (the thing what the power plug goes into externally, and plugs internally into anything that needs power)

The CPU is responsible for general processing, the GPU is responsible for graphics-specific (so, a major factor in the performance of games), and you will need to upgrade your PSU, as your current one will not provide enough power for any new GPU you get, as it's designed to power your current weak and old GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom